Monday, July 14, 2014

Mermaid Inspired Nails

Well, its been about 2 years since I have been on here....

YIKES!!!

But just because I have not been on here doesn't mean that I have stopped doing my nails.
If you follow me on Facebook and Instagram you are fully aware of that.

But here is my latest creation that I put together just for y'all!
Enjoy!!


I started off by prepping and priming my nails with the "Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat".



Once they had dried, I used 3 coats of OPI's "Alpine Snow" in Matte.
I had to use 3 coats because as a matte polish they tend to be very streaky for me, and I wanted a nice opaque base.
But, since it was a matte formula, it doesn't take long to dry.



I then picked two colors that would blend nicely for a gradient.
I picked "Turquoise & Caicos" by Essie, and "Mint Sorbet" from the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear line to be applied with a makeup sponge applicator.





After three coats of this gradient affect I applied another clear coat to smooth out the colors.



Naturally my nails were a mess and needed to be cleaned up.



Once they were all cleaned up and dry, the fun began.

I took "Disco Nap" from the Color Club and used a toothpick to make "scales" on my nails.



It was easy to do in little connected "u" shapes throughout my nails.



Once they were done I added a final top coat to protect my design, and give it a smoothing shine.



And thats it!

I hope this inspires you to recreate this look.
I think it's super cute for the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment