Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty!

AGH! I know its been a while since I have last had a post up here. But things have just been crazy. I've been busy with school, and I found out that we are MOVING!! So this busy Mamma, has a lot to do from now until the end of the month. We are moving in December, but Thanksgiving weekend is when we are moving all of our things to our new home. And then at the end of the month we are moving out of our current home and will staying in the "Aluminum Cabanas" for 10 days until I finish up school. Its almost to the point to where I'd wish that I had a swarm of fairies that can help me with their magic to get everything done for me while I am busy doing other things. HAHAHAHA!
So back to my intended blog!

Last weekend was Halloween. And where I live we have this event called "Fantasy Fest". Basically, its a week long party for Halloween. There are different events at different places each night, and people dress up in costumes, or nothing at all!! SO, this is my first and last Fantasy Fest, and I wanted to make sure that I participated in it and had healthy fun. My costume was going to be a cat. I had a leopard corset with a black tutu and leggings. I know that there are many tutorials out there on how to make a leopard print nail at home, but I didn't have the money to go out and buy the proper colored nail polish. So what was a girl to do??
Then I remembered!!! A few months back I had purchased the Sally Hansen Salon Effects- Real Nail Polish Strips in Kitty Kitty!!

I purchased mine for about $10 at my local CVS... or Walgreens.. either one, I know you can get them at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, KMart, Duane Reade.
They come in a variety of colors and designs. I'd go into more details, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about them by now :)

If you do not have any they come with 16 different sized strips, a wooden nail tool, an emory board to help file, and smooth your nails and the strips, and instructions. The instructions are pretty self explanitory. BUT, make sure that you read the instructions before you start, just so you have a basic knowledge of what you are doing.

I think in between keeping a toddler entertained, yelling at my dogs, doing homework, and doing my nails, it took me 10 minutes to get these bad boys done.

I also put clear gloss on top of my nails to help protect my design and make them last longer.
The packaging says that they won't chip for 10 days. So far it has been 5 days since I put them on and still no chip!! I am pretty happy with them!

CONS:

  • They are a bit on the pricey side, so unless you have a special event or occasion that you are going to I would save them for that reason.
  • When you open up the pouches that the strips are in, I felt like there was an overwhelming aroma of highly concentrated nail polish smell. So note to selves, keep your nose away from the small pouches holding the strips so you don't inhale the fumes. 
  • If you have a design you have to worry about stretching the strip too much that the image would become distorted. For someone who has never done them before it was not that easy.
The above mentioned CONS are not bothersome enough for me that I won't use this product again. In fact I will! I have Skinny Jeans just waiting for me to use them :) 

I think that these would be great for if you were going on vacation for a while and needed some type of polish but didn't want to bring your bottles in risk of them breaking or opening and ruining everything else in your bag(s).  

Hope you had a PUURRRfect Halloween!!!

with whiskers and nail stickers -



Jess<3


No comments:

Post a Comment