Thursday, November 3, 2011

Last Friday Night, I walked on Glitter

So I will be honest, I was singing the catchy tune "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry while I pained my toes this weekend. I just couldn't help myself.

I'm pretty sure that you would too!

Heres the run down.... I wanted to use the "Last Friday Night" nail polish from OPI that came out in the Katy Perry collection. I happened to snag a bottle of this bad boy at my local KMart a few months back. First, I had no clue that KMart sold OPI
Second, I had no clue that I could still get my hands on this!!
Needless to say, I was one happy girl.

But this blue polish with glitter isn't as blue as you would think. Actually, even if you did two, three coats of this, you still won't get an opaque blue. So I was pretty bummed out, and ended up keeping this in my nail polish container.

UNTIL NOW!

I figured that this polish just needed to be on top of another color. So I had my choices, WHITE or BLACK.
White would give it a lighter color, where as the black would give it a nice deep color.

But the down fall is that I don't have any black polish. So I used to closest thing that I have to black, "Over the Edge" by Essie.  This color needs 2 coats to be a nice opaque payoff. But its such a pretty color!

So, after applying my base coat of Sally Hansen- Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in "01 Invisible", I put 2 coats of "Over the Edge" on and waited for that to dry. Then I put two coats of "Last Friday Night", and topped it off with "01 Invisible".

TADDA!!!! You now have glitterfied toes that make each step you take a little bit more sparklely.



Knowing that there is no glitter all over your room and only on your toes

Jess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment