Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shopping Splurge November 6, 2011

Today we (my little family and I) went to KMart.  I was obviously on a nail polish mission (insert James Bond theme song).

First, I spotted this adorable thing! 

Granted I am not one to own my own tool set.... I want to but theres only room for one tool collector in this family. But I have so many ideas for this bad girl going through my mind.... Hubby said for me to use it for my nail polish. But I don't think theres enough room for my nail polishes. But maybe some makeup items. Or better yet my crocheting things and scrapbooking things. I can totally use this!! And for $13 I couldn't pass it up. Plus it is pink. Plus its really sturdy!

Then I went a little nail polish crazy. I bought three polishes from Essie, and one from Sally Hansen.
First color I picked up was Essie's "Little Brown Dress".

I've been wanting this color for a while. And surprisingly I don't have any brown colors. This is a nice deep, rich, chocolate brown. And with winter coming so close I can almost taste it, I can see this becoming a favorite really fast!

Second color was Essie's "Licorice". Another color that I have been wanting. Plus, this is my first BLACK color!!! If you read my last blog, I mentioned how I don't have a solid black color. And now I do!!! 

Third color is Essie's "Fiji". This color was referred to me by a friend. Plus, I've heard such good things about it. It really is a beautiful pink. And my motto is that you can never have enough pink in your life. So when in doubt, I pink it out!

My last color was from Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in "630 Tough Luck". 

I have never seen a Sally Hansen bottle like this. And I only paid about $1.99 for it!!!! So, I'm not sure if this is just at KMart, or just at my KMart. But if you've seen this let me know... I'll paint my nails this color soon and let you know how well it lasts. 

Here's a swatch of the colors.

Granted the "Little Brown Dress" looks black... but its so pretty in person!!!

ALSO! I picked these bad boys up for a $1.99!!! 
3 nail filers, and they are winter themed!!!! I'll admit, I'm a sucker for details like this. hahaha!!! 

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering....
Its been 9 DAYS since I put my nail strips on, and they still have not chipped or cracked!!!! Thats longer than any nail polish that I have or have had painted on my nails (not including wraps)!!! So the $10 investment to me was worth it. But I don't think, I'll be buying them like crazy.

dreaming of winter wonderland, while my feet are in the sand.....

Jess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment