Thursday, November 24, 2011

Rave of Rubies!!!

If it was not for the fact that I have another color lined up ready to be worn I would repaint my nails this color AGAIN!!!!

Essie's "Wrapped in Rubies" is by far one of my favorite colors that I have come across on my nail addiction.
(Pardon the chip on the nail.... I never took a picture of this when I first painted them its been 5 days)

When you look at the bottle the only thing I thought was "oh its like a red rust.... it might be cool to try". I was so wrong! After I put on 2-3 coats my nails looked majestic!! Not rustic!!! My husband says that it is FSU red (Florida State University, obviously we are FSU fans), or garnet as he calls it, and that all I need is to get gold and I'll have FSU nails.

Well looking at the bottle you would think that you would have a gold hue to it, but I was wrong. It doesn't look like the red/gold color the bottle portrays.

Its like red berries in the fire! Thats how my mind thinks of it. When I think of a "ruby red" I think brighter red than this.

This seriously is a wonderful winter/holiday color! I love the color so much that when I painted my nails, I painted my toes the same color!! I have not done that since.... well.... HS maybe?? I don't count french mani/pedi's.
I've seen this color in my local CVS, so I highly recommend that you check it out next time you are in one!!

Typing with rubies on my fingers....

Jess <3

No comments:

Post a Comment